PERCEIVE Work Package 3
The effectiveness of projects’ communication strategies
Does communication matter in Cohesion Policy perception among people?
How well Cohesion Policy is communicated to you?
Are the actual investments in communications effective?
- Mapping which material (i.e. planning, investment, channels and approach) and rhetorical strategies to build legitimacy (i.e. justification, framing, grammar of motives and vocabulary) characterize the communication efforts of a variety of EU financed projects (i.e. big/small budget, thematic area, etc.).
- With a specific focus on symbolic aspects of communication, we have the objective of appreciating and measuring the ways in which the content of several genres of media (i.e. webpages, brochures and reports) are generated centrally (i.e. the EC’s policy) and locally adapted (i.e. by Projects’ selection and modification of specific concepts from the repertory offered by the EU policy).
- Assessing both the impact and the effectiveness of communication efforts related to EU-financed regional development projects in terms of variations in the level of citizens’ awareness and appreciation of the projects themselves.
- is assessed in terms of the level of awareness that the use of different communication channels and resources generates in local populations.
- Effectiveness is meant as the degree to which different rhetoric strategies of communicating projects’ aims and results might result in local populations’ different degrees of awareness and appreciation of projects themselves.
- A final objective entails the reconstruction of the historical-dynamic dimension of communication efforts concerning EU financed projects. Impact and effectiveness are also, but only to a minor extent, included in this objective through a secondary data analysis (Eurobarometer).
- M8: End of data collection on communication, month 14;
- M9: Analysis on impact and effectiveness of communication efforts, month 19.
D 3.1 · WP3
Qualitative report on the impact and effectiveness of communication strategies from the ...file_download
D 3.1 · WP3
Annex 2 - Calabria Region, Italyfile_download
D 3.1 · WP3
Annex 3 - Emilia Romagna Region, Italyfile_download
D 3.2 · WP3
Qualitative report with main findings from the interviewsfile_download
D 3.3 · WP3
Descriptive report on the specific role of new media in EU financed projects’ ...file_download
D 3.4 · WP3
Report on the statistical analysis of communication efforts' impact and effectiveness on ...file_download
Wokshop with LMAs in Olsztyn, Poland
Deliverables 2.1, 3.2, 4.3, 4.4 and 5.3 are online!
by BAM! Strategie Culturali | 30/10/2017
Work package 2 delivered its report including the database development and implementation and how it supports all the project WPs and work package 3 a qualitative report with main findings from the interviews.
Deliverables 4.3, 4.4 and 5.3 are online!
by BAM! Strategie Culturali | 27/10/2017
Work package 4 a report on smart cities and resilience and policy recommendations, and work package 5 a database of the topics and sentiments to be made available online for further research.
Deliverables 1.1, 4.2 and 3.1 are online!
by BAM! Strategie Culturali | 27/07/2017
Work package 1 delivered its report on the case-study regions, work package 4 its report on the synergies between EU Cohesion Policy and rural development policies and work package 3 a qualitative report on the impact and effectiveness of communication strategies from the semi structured interviews with cohesion policy practitioners.
Last WP3 journal article
Our workshop with Emilia-Romagna Region: the challenges of communicating Cohesion Policy
What Local Managing Authorities and regional stakeholders had to say about our project findings in Emilia-Romagna Region? We had one of our first workshops to receive feedback from the practice. Read further to find out more!