What are EU Regions talking about? A quick glance at the European Week of Regions and Cities
The European Week of Regions and Cities is a four-day event that takes place every year since 2003 during which cities and regions showcase their capacity to create growth and jobs, implement European Union cohesion policy, and discuss the importance of the local and regional level for good European governance.
As we’ve seen with Brexit and the Catalan situation, regional level may prove quite important for Europe. As we mentioned elsewhere (our case-study regions, cities vs countryside) PERCEIVE Project has a regional focus too and we decided to dive directly into this European event to dig deeper into the topic.
Today the event has become a European networking platform for more than 6000 experts in regional and local development for more than 100 workshops and debates, exhibitions and networking opportunities.
We’ll share information from over 6 different workshops on the following topics:
- Towards an online #cohesionalliance?
- Territorial cohesion in the ‘Brexit era’
- The contribution of social economy enterprises to cohesion and resilience in cities and regions
- Green sustainability in the Cohesion Policy. Urban and regional perspective.
- Cohesion Policy and Europe’s Strategic Investments
- Cohesion Policy at stake: why will we still need it?
- ESPON High-Level Conference on European Territorial Review: Territorial cohesion beyond borders